Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tech Gift

I love to read.

I am an information junkie.

Hubby is hooked on electronics (kinda like hooked on phonics)

What do you think my Mother's Day gift was?

I am so excited...for my Kindle to arrive!


This is a huge leap for me because I really do love the entire book experience from browsing, buying, prioritizing reading order, holding -- but I'm riding the technology wave.  Now I know how all the "old lawyers" felt when we asked them to use electronic research with LexisNexis instead of using their beloved books!   Has anyone else made the leap? -- curious to hear how it's going.

6 comments:

  1. My brother in law has it and loves it!

    I still check out books from the Library...not that I'm not into technology...I just don't want to buy books!

    Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am so jealous. I want one of these so bad. Infact a lady behind me on the plane had one and I was stariing in awe( my husband thinks I am crazy). I did manage to ask a few questions and she thought she wouldn't be able to get past not having the book she works in publishing but she loves it! Enjoy and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing this on amazon, but I do not think I am ready to take the leap yet. I love the feel of paper books. Let us know how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the feeling exactly! I've been wavering over this and am anxious to see how you like it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a kindle 2 and I LOVE it! As for the feel of reading a book, I suggest getting a case for it that opens like a book. The Kindle usually sits on the right side. It magically transforms the kindle into a "real" book- after a few pages, I pressed "next page" and looked to the left side of the case because I expected there to be new text there! I completely forgot that I wasn't reading an actual book. Congratulations on your new toy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't done this yet but we're *really* curious! The bigger size one that is supposed to work better with newspapers has us intrigued.

    Enjoy yours!
    tp

    ReplyDelete