Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jen debrief


Last night I went to Jen Lancaster's book reading/signing.  I don't often go to book signings or celeb appearances, but I thought this would be worthwhile.  I arrived at 7:00, the event start time, only to drive around for what seemed liked an eternity waiting for a parking spot.  That should have been my first clue.  Then I enter the book store to be informed all the books were sold out and Jen had just begun her reading upstairs.  It was PACKED with women.  Not a man in sight, except for a worker bee who clearly seemed uncomfortable.  While glancing around I noticed a bookshelf endcap with a copy of the new book!  I weaseled my way around the crowd, asked a worker if that book was taken and VOILA she handed it to me. Needless to say, I was quite impressed with my good fortune as a result of my chutzpah.  Then I felt women staring at me and heard whispering, "how did she get that book? blah, blah blah."  

WOW!!!  Jen is a girl I want to meet for drinks and hang out with.  She was so down to earth and of course so funny.  She did a reading from her new book, Pretty in Plaid, and then took questions from the audience.  Jen said she has two more books in the works - this would fulfill her current contract, no movie deals yet, but she would like to do something with TV.  

Yes, she did sign books, however I didn't wait to have her sign mine.  Those in the know, reserved their books weeks ago and were given a color coded wrist band which designated order of line up for signing.  I was not the wearer of said wrist band and thought pretending I did have one and cutting in line would have been pushing my luck and I need some luck to get through the next few days which are going to be crazy busy - work, M's b-day & party, soccer tournament and mother's day.  Can we do it all ??? 

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the rundown! I feel like I've got the inside track now, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, thanks for the dish. I am going next week and cannot wait. Must-get-risk-band! Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! She is not coming to my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete