Sunday, January 24, 2010

Elder

This morning my mom was installed as an Elder in our church for a 3 year term. The Presbyterian church's system of governance is modeled on the U.S. system. Being nominated & elected to serve as an Elder is like being a Senator. My dad, my husband and I all have had the privilege to serve (at different times) and now it's Mom's turn.

Congratulations Mom and "Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord you God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your mother! Is that The Kirk? My father and step mother were members there and we all attended Sunday School there too. I just love that church and congregation. Such a lovely community! In fact, last Christmas I attended the Advent Tea there with a group of my mother's friends. It was such a great way to kick off the Christmas season with my heart in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is !! We were probably at Advent By Candlelight at the same time and didn't know it. We've been @ the Kirk for about 25 yrs and like any church it has its ebbs and flows, but it's been a wonderful community to be involved.

    ReplyDelete